New England AHEAD offers awards to up to four (4) members annually enabling them to attend a conference/workshop related to 'disability' during the following calendar year. Examples of conferences may include, but are not limited to: AHEAD Annual Conference, University of Connecticut Postsecondary Disability Training Institute (PTI), Accessing Higher Ground, etc. The award, equal to a maximum of $500, covers the cost of registration at many conferences/workshops. Applications of this award will be reviewed and selected by the New England AHEAD Board.
Eligibility for Award
- Two (2) awards are granted annually to a New England AHEAD member who is relatively new to the field of disability services in higher education. Any member working as a disability services professional for three (3) years or fewer may qualify for this award.
- Two (2) awards are granted annually to a New England AHEAD member who would not otherwise be able to attend a conference due to limited financial resources at her/his institution. During this trend of budgetary cuts in higher education, this award will enable a member to attend a 'disability' related professional development opportunity of their choice.
- Completed Conference/Workshop Award Application;
- Personal Statement;
- Both portions of this application must be submitted via email.
- All application materials must be received no later than December 31st of the application year.
- The award must be used by December 31st of the following calendar year.
- Incomplete applications or those not meeting the eligibility or submission requirements above will not be reviewed.